13 August 2008

Nuke Dukem...yup that's right...


Ok, I'm a little late on the bandwagon here but I've been meaning to post about this for a while.

For any of you that pay attention to anything that happens at E3 you're likely going to know that this years E3 was not exactly the most successful. According to what's been said, and what I've seen so far, if E3 had been in a race, it would have come 9th out of 10, only just beating the Arthitis-riddled, I.V. dragging pensioner in lane 1.

However, weeding out any of the interesting bits leaves you with a great number of appaulingly "yawnable" presentations and conferences based around existing technology and fixes for things that should have worked correctly first time (see: Nintendo's Wii sensor fix).

However, by and far the worst example of E3's outrageously mediocre line up was the Duke Nukem trailer! No, before I go any further, let me just say I am a huge fan of the games. I've more or less loved every incarnation (the latter version being the least in that chart rating). As a result, I was keen to see what we could expect from Duke Nukem trilogy.

This is what they delivered:




Oh dear succubi-on-high, what an immense pile of shit! If I had wanted to see a 5 minute rotation of 10 year old pixel banners and shoddy flash work, I would have made it myself (believe me, I'm qualified!). E3 is supposed to showcase those pioneering companies out there pushing the boundaries of gaming and all things hardware related. Instead, we were subjected to this feeble excuse for a trailer?

Get it together E3 peeps - what exactly were you thinking?!!

2 Comments:

Gurn said...

Yeah, I saw this a few weeks back at work and couldn't stop laughing. Can't they just let Puke Fookem go down in gaming history as a great series of games that ended with the most hyped-up and delayed game never to hit the shelves? This blogporter thinks so.

B said...

Good...gooood......